Every NC State student should have the chance to experience authentic science: that is why we are embedding citizen science into campus life and making NC State the first citizen science campus. We have customized the online infrastructure of SciStarter.org to offer projects on campus so that undergraduates will encounter opportunities for citizen science in their curricular and co-curricular activities.
Incorporating Citizen Science Into University Courses is a workshop for faculty interested in including their courses in the citizen science campus. The workshop will provide attendees with:
- An introduction to citizen science and its potential use in courses
- Fluency with the logistics of the SciStarter-NCSU web portal
- Help with finding the right citizen science project(s) for your teaching objectives
- Resources and templates for lessons plans
- Introduction to use of SciStarter portal for scholarly studies of student learning
All instructors, scholars, and mentors at NC State are welcome to come and learn what citizen science at the university can achieve, and help us identify areas that need further support.
Register for one of three workshops:
Questions about this event: contact Caren Cooper (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Brianna Johns (email@example.com)